Online Learning Design and Development Graduate Certificate
Ready to become an eLearning designer? Start here.
This online program is designed for individuals interested in working in a wide variety of education, training, and development areas such as those found in business, industry, government agencies, the military, and nonprofit organizations. This certificate is designed to meet the challenges created by the growing demand for eLearning courses and programs in education sectors and the workplace. The program emphasizes the competencies required to design, develop, facilitate, and manage e-learning programs.
Through a combination of classroom and hands-on activities, this program provides participants with the opportunity to design and produce and evaluate eLearning activities that make effective use of best practices and industry standards of development. Ample opportunities are provided for applying the competencies learned in the classroom to job-related situations.
Students who complete the Online Learning Design and Development Certificate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of learning theories and principles, models, tools, and techniques which are applied to the systematic design of Online Learning Modules, Courses and Programs.
- Apply instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of Online learning activities in their work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead the design of effective of online instruction through planning, development, evaluation, and management.
- Implement eLearning solutions using learning management systems – have a basic skill set of the critical components of deploying courses via SCORM 1.2 and beyond (xAPI) and ensure 508 compliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and lead all phases of an online learning design project.
Program of Study
- LT 7100 Design of Performance and Instructional Systems or equivalent
- LT 8050 Evaluation and Assessment of Online Learning
- LT 8360 E-Learning Design and Development
- LT 8400 Developing Digital Multimedia for Learning
- LT 8440 eLearning Environments
Total number of course hours: minimum of 12 semester hours