Instructional Technology (P-12 focus certification)
The non-degree Instructional Technology certification program prepares educator-candidates to serve as technology coaches/facilitators in P-12 schools. Candidates who successfully complete the program are prepared to effectively use technology to support student learning of content, to provide professional development and mentoring to teachers and other school professionals, and to provide leadership in the development of school improvement plans toward higher levels of student achievement through the use of technology in student learning.
Students who are not currently enrolled at GSU should apply as a non-degree seeking graduate student to the Learning Technologies program. Requirements are based on GSU- CEHD’s admissions standards for non-degree graduate students.
Currently enrolled GSU students who choose to pursue this certificate must notify the Learning Technologies Division to be assigned an advisor who can help ensure successful completion of the courses.
Students applying to the graduate school for non-degree status are not required to take entrance exams or to submit test scores and letters of recommendation.
Candidates entering the program must already have a valid level 5 or higher renewable professional certificate.
- Application – Submit CEHD graduate non-degree application online.
- Test Scores – International applicants must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Statement of purpose – Submit to the Graduate School online in your application.
- Official Transcripts – Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
- Copy of current Georgia Teaching Certificate.
- Completed Mentor form.
- To be recommended for PSC Instructional Technology Certification, students must have a valid level 5 certificate.
- To qualify for the certificate upgrade, graduates must pass the GACE assessment in Instructional Technology and add the new field to their GaPSC certificate.
Program Degree Requirements
Instructional Design and Technology – Non-Degree certification-only program in Instructional Technology
- LT 7110 Instructional Design for School-Based Settings (3)
- LT 7360 Integrating Technology in School-Based Learning Environments (3)
- LT 8090 Internet for Educators (3)
- LT 8110 Leadership in Instructional Technology (3)
Exit Requirement: Students must successfully present a portfolio of their work in instructional technology.
Program total: minimum of 12 semester hours